Saturday, February 14, 2009

Video Conferencing

One of my customers needs to implement video conferencing in three of his rooms.  He needs a middle of the road solution and did not provide a whole lot of info in terms of equipment.  He does need to be able to share files though.

My first though is this
Polycom
VSX 8800 Presenter MP 
Rack mount, easy-to-install, high performance video conferencing system for integrated and custom room environments. Adds People+Content and MultiPoint licenses and ImageShare II collaboration device. 
PC Mall Part #699316  
Mfr. Part #7200-22750-001


But three of these puppies are going to run about 12k each; and then I found this little guy for 3k each:
Polycom
QDX 6000 
The perfect balance of quality, performance,simplicity and affordability. 
PC Mall Part #7744195  
Mfr. Part #7200-30831-001


It comes with the remote, cables, microphones, camera, and codec and all that's left to look at is the display set up.  Do I go with 52" LCDs or with a projector?  

I also thought about looking into these two possibilities:

I'll take a look at all three solutions and make my recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment